With the surge in app delivery since the start of the COVID-19 lockdowns, fast, efficient, same-day delivery has become a customer expectation across industries. From breakfast and beer to beauty products, people want their orders to arrive in a hurry. Gen Z and Millennial customers, in particular, expect next-day delivery.
According to data from LaserShip, the option of next-day delivery at an added cost would increase the likelihood of shopping by 40% for Gen Z and 37% for Millennial customers surveyed.
For SMBs that use Shopify as their e-commerce platform, express deliveries can prove impossible, especially if postal services are the only delivery option for your customer base. Enter: Stuart—an easy-to-use last-mile delivery solution that can bring your products to end customers instantly. In this article, we map out the challenges of last-mile delivery and review the benefits of using a courier delivery service alongside traditional postage methods for your business.
What is Last-Mile Delivery?
Like it sounds, last-mile delivery is the final step in moving an ordered product from a central transportation hub to its final destination. This is generally a customer address or retail location. Tracking links are often provided to the end customer to follow their order’s journey and determine when the delivery will arrive.
How Can I Improve Last-Mile Delivery for My Shopify Business?
An essential function of an eCommerce business is the shipping of products to customers after they’ve been ordered. SMBs can struggle with this task, especially if their only shipping option is a postal service. Only utilising a postal service may result in the following:
- Long wait times for customers and uncertain delivery times
- High fees for your business and clients
- A substantial environmental impact
- More labour for you and your employees
By incorporating a courier delivery service option like Stuart for your last-mile delivery, you can help reduce the barriers listed above and create a more streamlined customer experience from the moment they click the Checkout button. A courier service can provide your customers with the option for on-demand delivery. Depending on their location, customers can place an order and have it sent to them immediately, no matter the product they’ve purchased.
Courier delivery for Shopify restaurants — Restaurant owners can add courier delivery technology to their other delivery options, such as in-house couriers or marketplaces, for extra busy days. They can also replace their in-house delivery service outright with courier delivery technology. Meals will get to customers quickly for improved food quality and a superior at-home dining experience.
Courier delivery for Shopify retailers — Online stores can use a courier delivery service for the on-demand delivery of any product to their customers. This could mean clothes, beauty products, home essentials, cleaning supplies, etc.
5 Ways Stuart Can Benefit Your Shopify Business
If you’re interested in adding a courier delivery service to your Shopify business, it’s as simple as installing the Stuart Delivery app from the Shopify App Store. With free installation, it’s easy to add express delivery as an option for your customers. Here are five benefits Stuart brings to your Shopify business:
- Scheduled Delivery – Your customer can take advantage of same-day or next-day delivery services.
- High-Quality Service – Our independent couriers carry top-quality bags to ensure your products always arrive safe and sound.
- Advanced Technology – End customers have access to notifications and live tracking technology, so they always know where their order is.
- Sustainable Focus — We like to keep things sustainable by offering bike transportation when it suits the climate and order.
- Direct & Competitive Pricing – Stuart is free to install and instantly shows end customers the delivery price for their cart and provides different pricing options depending on the courier type (bicycle, car, etc.). Plus, your business will save loads on packaging and postage, too.
Facts about Stuart Delivery on Shopify
Stuart is the leader in express delivery on Shopify, so your customers are in great hands.
- With our excellent coverage of European cities and urban networks, you can provide delivery to customers in six countries and 127 cities.
- Our average pick-up time is 20 minutes—we’re on it!
- Our average delivery time is one hour, so you can impress your customers, encouraging them to choose your store every time they shop.
Ready to improve your customer experience and cut down on delivery costs? Visit the Shopify App Store to get started with Stuart, or contact us today if you have questions.